The Jefferson Parish Schools District Affairs unit oversees a wide variety of departments that enhance the academic offerings of our students, provide enrichment opportunities for students and families, ensure the safety of our students and staff members, and support our schools and families in understanding district policies and procedures.
FIRST FIVE DAYS OF SCHOOL ADVANCED STUDY ACADEMY TRANSFER
Any parent whose child will be attending an Advanced Study Academy (ASA) and would like to request a transfer to another ASA may submit a First Five Days of School transfer. The First Five Days of School Transfer Request form will be available online only at jpschools.org/asa beginning Wednesday, August 26, 2020 at 7:00 a.m. through Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. Please note that the link will be accessible 24 hours each day during the entire submission window. If you have any questions please contact Ashley Bowman at email@example.com or (504) 349-7792.
2020-2021 Registration Takes Place July 20 - August 25, 2020
To register your child, please use the 2020 - 2021 Registration link found under "Quick Links."
The user-friendly registration process allows parents to upload required registration documents. Parents should have the following documents available when they begin the process:
- Birth Certificate.
- Final Report Card (except for students entering Kindergarten).
- Current state of Louisiana Universal Certificate of Immunization.
- Proofs of Residency. (see below)
Documents presented as proof of residence must bear the name and current legal address of the student’s parent/legal guardian. Acceptable documents (minimum of two (2)) include the following:
- Lease agreement.
- Current utility bill or deposit.
- Copy of an agreement to purchase or an act of sale for completed dwelling.
- Copy of an agreement to purchase or an act of sale for a residential lot entered into by the parent/legal guardian of the student, and a notarized statement from a contractor indicating the anticipated date of completion of a dwelling on the lot, said completion date not to exceed ninety (90) calendar days.
- Legal document issued by or approved by the Civil District Court for the Parish of Jefferson giving control and custody to the adult(s) if other than the student’s legal parent(s) with whom the student resides, if the student is (16) years of age or under.
- Legal documents verifying student’s emancipation and/or legal proof of residence as required.
- Legal document issued by or approved by the U. S. Office of Immigration and Naturalization.
If none of these documents are available, the school principal will allow the parent 15 school days to provide acceptable proofs of residency.
District Affairs Staff Directory
- Physical Education & Athletics
- School Safety
- School-Wide Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (SWPBIS)
- Special Programs
- Semaj Allen-Raymond M.Ed.
- Ashley Bowman
- Kerri Cianciminio
- Darvell Edwards
- Germaine Gilson
- Julia Johns
- David Malveaux
- Carl Nini
- Nichole Penn-Paul
- Stephanie Punch
- Violeta Sanchez
- Erin Valls
- Gretchen Williams
Jefferson Parish Schools Administration Building
501 Manhattan Blvd.
Harvey, LA 70058
Chief District Affairs Officer
Germaine Gilson has served the students of the Jefferson Parish Public School System for over 22 years. Prior to her current role as chief district affairs officer, Gilson has been chief of staff, chief student support officer, assistant superintendent of federal programs, as well as an instructional associate, principal, assistant principal, and teacher. A two time JPPSS Teacher of the Year, Gilson has nurtured teachers who have now moved into leadership roles in JPPSS and surrounding parishes. As district liaison to the Posse Foundation, she helped JPPSS students earn more than $6 million in scholarship funds. She also served on the JPPSS District Design Team and co-authored the district’s School Improvement Plan to turnaround low performing schools. Gilson earned her Master of Arts in Administration and Supervision from Xavier University of Louisiana and her Bachelor of Arts in Secondary Education from Southern University of New Orleans.