4600 River Road
Marrero, LA 70072
What We Do
The physical education (PE) & athletics department serves students, parents, athletes, coaches, administrators, Jefferson Parish, and playground supervisors. Resources from partnerships and professional organizations including the Louisiana Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (LAHPERD), Louisiana High School Athletic Association (LHSAA), and the Louisiana High School Athletic Directors Association (LHSADA). We also provide health & PE curriculum assistance and health textbooks. Middle and high school student athletes may contact our office for concerns about eligibility and appeals.
The Physical Education & Athletics department also:
- Supervises Bonnabel, East Jefferson, West Jefferson stadiums, grounds keepers and certified trainers.
- Schedules games, rentals and practices for middle and high school usage and middle school game officials.
- Coordinates emergency response teams and security at our stadiums.
- Coordinates reciprocal usage of facilities and agreements with the recreation departments in Jefferson, Kenner and Gretna.
- Promotes health and physical education activities and professional development for teachers and coaches including Fitness Gram.
- Encourages the development and improvement of extra curricular activities for students.
- Organizes athletic physicals with local medical professionals.
For more information from LHSAA, click the link found under the "Quick Links" section.
Athletic Packet available for download here
Jefferson Parish Schools offer the CATCH healthier lifestyle program. Click on the following link for more information and resources.