Registration is closed
- The registration window was July 10-July 22.
- Any student who participates in Virtual Jefferson will remain a student at his/her 2020-2021 approved school.
- Based on the number of families who register for Virtual Jefferson, we will determine staffing, support, and additional logistics.
- The first day of Virtual Jefferson will coincide with the first day of school for all students.
- Students who receive accommodations and additional services will continue to receive those services if they choose Virtual Jefferson.
- For information about Jefferson Parish School charter schools, please contact the school directly.
While our priority is to maximize safe, in-person opportunities for our students to engage with their leaders, teachers, and support staff, we know some families may be ready to choose an alternate virtual learning option for their child(ren) next school year.
We are excited to announce Virtual Jefferson, our at-home virtual learning option that will support K-12th grade students throughout the 2020-2021 school year. Virtual Jefferson will:
- occur five days a week
- engage students using online learning platforms
- use high-quality, aligned instructional resources
- be teacher-led and student-driven
- offer flexibility for the time of day assignments are completed
- allow students to conduct self-paced virtual learning
- provide instruction in ELA, math, science, and social studies for K-8th grade students
- provide instruction in courses required for graduation for 9-12th students
- provide students with technology, if necessary