Jefferson Virtual High School
Jefferson Virtual High School (JVHS) offers online instruction through an advanced online curriculum. JVHS is an ideal program for self-motivated students who excel in online instruction. This versatile program offers an array of courses that are tailored to ensure students’ college and career readiness.
There are a limited number of seats available for the 2022-23 school year at Jefferson Virtual High. A second application window will take place May 7-22. Families can apply at the link below. Please note a previous application window was open in February and March.
- Synchronous classes with teachers always present to instruct, guide,and facilitate daily lessons
- CTE Career Pathways
- Elective Courses offered consistent with Louisiana Dept.of Education requirements
- LEAP 2025 Courses
- JVHS in-person Graduation Ceremony
- Laptops are provided to each student
As this would be a standalone virtual school, students would be assigned to the virtual school as their home school. They would not be able to participate in athletics or extra-curricular activities at other schools in the district.
Time Allocation for Teacher-Guided Learning/Self-Guided Learning
As students become more self-disciplined and acclimated to self-paced learning, the time allocation for learning will shift. This shift will likely begin to occur in late 9th grade and continuously shift through the high school courses.
- Students will have an embedded learning management system which will provide the student and parent easy access to track attendance, progress, and assignments
- Students will be assigned two morning classes, intermission/lunch, and two afternoon classes
- Students will be provided standard courses for both graduation pathways
- Students will be provided Dual Enrollment opportunities
- Students will be provided opportunities for honors courses, if qualified
- Students will be provided synchronous activities to reinforce lessons with transition time for assignments,
group work, and interventions
- Students must provide their own transportation to the designated campus to complete in-person state mandated assessments, e.g. Benchmarks, LEAP 2025, ELPT, WorkKeys, ACT, etc.
- Students must attend class daily during the regular school day
- Students must follow the adopted academic calendar of Jefferson Parish Schools
- Students must have reliable at-home internet service
To apply for openings at Jefferson Virtual High School or other schools in our system, please visit jpschools.org/careers.