Enroll in a School
2020-21 registration information will be announced as soon as it is available. If you have any further questions, please contact your school or the JP Schools Compliance Office at 504-365-5312.
General Registration Information
To find out your student's assigned school, please use the school/transportation search tool:
To expedite your student's enrollment, please have the following documents:
- Two proofs of residence (lease, utility bill, etc.)
- Your student(s)’s immunization records
- Your student(s)’s birth certificate(s). A birth certificate is used only for verifying the student’s legal name, date of birth, and the parent’s name. A foreign birth certificate is an acceptable document for verifying the student’s information.
- Your student(s)’s final report card from the previous school year (except kindergarten)
- Your student(s)’s transcript from the school previously attended (only for high school transfers)
- Your student(s)’s custody papers (if applicable)
Returning Students Who Have Moved
To find out your student's assigned school, please use the attached school/transportation search tool.
If your assigned school has not changed with your new address, please contact your school to update your contact information.
If your assigned school has changed due to your new address, you must visit your new school with proof of residency to ensure your child is successfully enrolled.
If you have any questions about the registration process, please contact your school directly.
Registration Information for Specialty Schools/Programs
Pre-Kindergarten registration is conducted in the spring and summer for those schools with open slots. For more information on the registration process, click here to visit the pre-kindergarten page.
Advanced Study Academies
Advanced Study Academies (ASAs) are selective-admissions schools that operates under a separate applications process. For more information, click here to visit the ASA page.
JP Schools offers magnet programs at selected schools for which students must submit an application. The application cycle for magnet programs occurs in the spring. For more information on programs and schools, click here to visit the magnet program page.
Each charter school has its own unique admissions process. For more information on charter schools, click here to visit the charter schools parent information page.